Friday, June 26, 2015

Lies The World Taught Me

It seems like these days if a person is not grounded in the Word daily, it becomes too easy to get brought down in the lies of the day. The biggest lie that Satan sold to the world and even Christians are buying into, is the rationalization of sin. Things that the Bible clearly teaches as sin are rewarded are heroic in this day and time. Satan has manipulated people into believing as long as their sin doesn't affect other people, then it really isn't sin.
However Romans 1:18-32 Paul warns against the results of an impure nation. He tells of the judgement that comes to a nation that turns away from God. In verses 24-28 he narrows in on the idea that as we become a more depraved nation, the more God will turn us over to our desires. Because of a lust for sexualities that go against nature, we as a nation have turned away from the truth of God for the pleasures of the flesh. Things that are sin will be accepted as good and things that are good will be taken as evil.
In that same mentality I'm sure people will read this as hateful and bigoted. However this is another lie told by the world. A lie that the Christian population has bought into majorly! A lie so big that there are few people willing to challenge it. That lie is "as a Christian it's my place to love not to judge". I agree we should love everyone. Here's where the lie comes in, showing love means not voicing that you disagree,  not supporting the people who are willing to speak up, and to allow the world to tell you the standards of calling sin, sin. If I love you, what shows more love? Turning a blind eye to sin, or out of love showing you the love of Christ but the reality of the cost of sin.
Romans 6:23 says the wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ. Did you read that? The wages of sin. All sin. Anything that goes against the will of God is a sin. Anything that goes against the nature of God is a sin. Everyone has sin, and the wages is death. The wages of any sin, not just sexual sin, not just murder, not just hatred, but anything sinful causes death. Something as simple as knowing the right thing to do, but not doing it. Having an opportunity to stand up for Jesus but allowing the devil to stifle your message. All is sin!  And it is hard to hear. I'm a sinner. You are a sinner. My child who I love with all my heart is a sinner. My parents who are the greatest example of Christ to me are still sinners. It's hard to hear, hard to accept, and hard to tell.
But love dictates I say it. Because I love you so much that I want you to know the transforming power of Christ. I love you so much that I want your eternity to be spent in heaven. I want you to know that Jesus died to save you from a sin nature that is born in us. And I love you enough to tell you that you are a sinner, but Christ can wash that sin away!
Today I've seen the hash tag love wins all over the Internet. But love did not win today. Love won 2000 years ago on a Sunday morning when 3 women when to a tomb to dress the body of Christ and found it empty. Love won the day Christ conquered the grave. Love won on the cross at Calvary when the blood of Christ covered an eternity of sins! My sins, your sins, past sins, and future sins were all forgiven that day. That was the day that love won.
Today, lies won. Today our nation has bought into the lie than man dictates what sin is. That men can determine what is right and what is wrong. Today the lie won that to disagree with lifestyles equals hatred. The lie won that says speaking up for the Bible is equal to bigotry. I know I will be unpopular. I know people will call hate upon me for daring to speak up the truth from the Bible.
Here's the thing, once again we've believed the lie that we answer to man. But I answer to God. Who gave me a message and the courage to write it. Do you have the courage to believe it?  To share it? To speak it?  Because the only way the world will begin to understand the lies is to saturate it with truth. It's time to stop being afraid of people and start having a fear of the Lord. It's time to stand for the Bible and the truth inside it. It's time to love people so much that we care more about their eternity than their opinion of us. The time is now because if we don't start now, it will be too late for the truth to be understood.

No comments:

Post a Comment